This is MARTHA W. DAVIS'S #WeHelpNepal fundraising page. Help us support locally-led, peer-to-peer Nepal Earthquake relief efforts!
Are you MARTHA W. DAVIS? Login to manage your account.
ABOUT OUR CAMPAIGN
We are not a traditional disaster relief organization.
We Help Nepal is network of artists, business owners, doctors, teachers and development workers who have lived or are currently living in Nepal. We are united by our mutual connection to Nepal and our commitment to alternative development models.
Our expertise comes from our awareness of the Nepali social and political landscape, and our connections to local organizations that are beneath the international radar.
The recent earthquake was a natural disaster intensified by the man-made forces of rapid development, poverty, and conflict driven displacement. This fund will support immediate earthquake relief and rebuilding efforts rooted in a philosophy of relief to self-reliance, disaster to sustainable development.
We recognize that in this tragedy there are seeds of hope that will sprout from the rubble.
View Latest updates
- Raise funds for earthquake recovery based on mutual trust, financial transparency, and full accountability.
- Use our decades of experience in Nepal to empower grassroots relief organizations that build long-term networks of self-reliance.
- Support local organizations doing community-level work that have the capacity to lead disaster relief and recovery efforts.
Our Projects and Partnerships
Criteria for supporting projects:
- Locally-led and staffed
- Corruption-free – money supports need, not greed
- Build capacity at the community level
- Support long-term resilience and autonomy
- Committed to social justice and sustainability
Who we are
Finance, Communications, and Project Coordination:
Lilia Villa, Christine Kolisch, Craig Lovell, Bodhi Garrett, Forrest Grant, Greg Voelm, Nat Needham, Amanda Needham, Christopher Gish, Lucy Draper-Clarke, Manohari Upadhyaya, Anniina Rantala, Nicole Lemmo, Monica D’Onofrio
On the Ground Project Leaders:
Keshab & Sushma Regmi, Kesang Sherpa, Anne McGuinness, Mitchell Silver, Kishor Lohani, Dr. Kiran Awasthi, Jenny Adhikari, Pawel Skawinski, Neelam Pradhananga, Sandesh Poudel, Naina Rawal, Som Lama, Raghunath Neupane and Krishna Basnet