WeHelpNepal has delivered $259,011 to 26 projects as of October 25, 2015.
Criteria for supporting projects:
- Locally-led and staffed
- Corruption-free – money supports need, not greed
- Build capacity at the community level
- Support long-term resilience and autonomy
- Committed to social justice and sustainability
Immediate Relief Projects:
- Manjushri’s Helpers: Delivering relief of food, water, medical supplies, bedding, tents, metal roofing, and solar lights to villages in Sindhupalchowk and Tokha. Initial support for tent camps in outlying neighborhoods of Kathmandu.
- Friends of Nepal: Supporting blankets, food, and trucks to provide immediate relief to small villages in Sindhupalchowk, transitional shelter in Kavre.
- Lotus Group: Collective of women focusing on care packages for mothers with infants, emergency provisions, shelter, and daycare center for Sindupolchock refugees in Gorkana.
- Fill the Bucket: Distribution of tarps, non-perishable foods and health care items to Chautara, Sindhupalchowk.
- PrakritiKoGhar: Providing temporary shelter and composting toilets in five districts: Sindhupalchowk, Nuwakot, Rasuwa and Dolakha.
- Project 108: Food, water purification, medicines, blankets and solar battery chargers in Mirge village in Dolakha.
- Solar Power Project: Distributing 595 single solar light units and 200 solar charging stations, suitable for use in a tent.
- Seeds of Change Foundation: Installation of 114 toilets in Goganpani, Dhading District.
- Rasuwa Relief / Rebuilding Rasuwa (Avaaz): Distributing tarpaulin and tent shelter, food and cooking provisions, basic first aid medical supplies, solar powered battery cells, and telephone recharge cards to seven communities in the Upper Bhote Kosi Valley of Rasuwa district.
- Mitchell Silver Relief Project: More info coming soon.
- Naina & Cultural Youth Society of Nepal: Expedition to Mulkharka, Thale V.D.C to build temporary shelters.
- Madhu Barpak Radio: Building a community radio station in Barpak.
- Rural Community Development Center: Building materials for 75 underserved families in the RCDC’s rural district.
- Tent Project: Distributing tents to villages in Kathmandu, Sindupolchock, Gorkana, Nuwakot, and Rasuwa districts.
- Doklakha District Roofing Project: Roofing and construction supplies for Dolakha.
- Hile of Bageshwari Roofing Project: Roofing for 44 disenfranchised families, including 13 dalit families.
- Health and Development Society Nepal (HDSN): Designing transitional health centers and schools through locally sourced material, distributing sanitation equipment to prevent the spread of disease
- Clean Up Nepal: Working on waste management, purifying water and building basic shelters in Bhaktapur and Sindhupalchowk.
- ROKPA Children's Home: Housing for homeless youth, professional training for single mothers, warm meals to the homeless and destitute.
- Nepallink: Support for widows and orphans in Gorkha.
- Langtang Valley Health: Support of refugees from the Lantang area who are residing in a tent camp at Yellow Gompa (Monastery) in Kathmandu.
- Appropriate Technology Asia: Low cost and environmentally low impact technologies to assist the development of local communities in post-earthquake regions.
- Partners In Sustainable Learning: Transitional shelters for Okhakdhunga villagers and a training program for locals on construction.